Thursday, October 28, 2004

Looking up from the ground level

The thing about working for a campaign, as opposed to following it through the media, is that your perspective reverses. Before I came to Nevada I followed the polls every day, scoured the wires for the latest stories and read every blog out there. Now I do none of those things. In fact, nobody on the Kerry staff here seems to follow the macro situation much at all. We're way too focused on the hour-to-hour, day-to-day business of getting the vote out and ensuring that our town, county and state vote Kerry. I guess it's reflective of the philosophy that we only worry about what we have control over. Forgive the obvious observation to those who have done this sort of thing before, but I find it fascinating. The macro news trickles in. In the last two days we heard that William Rehnquist was in the hospital, that 380 tons of explosives have gone missing, and that Allawi is pissed with the Bush administration. There's barely enough time to confirm these stories, let alone think about what they all mean. Even as I write this I don't have access to the internet; I'm writing it on my laptop in a condo on Lake Tahoe (thank you, DNC, for the free accomodation). The point is, it's tough to blog on what's going on out there, so I'm going to stick to writing what I know. Should be more fun that way anyway. On E-Day I'll be at Dem HQ in Reno, coordinating precinct efforts and tallying interrim voting figures. It looks like a pretty slick operation, and I'm just being plugged in there. Might even get to blog on the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile Blogarama